Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Stop annoying resizing and moving of the browser window in FF3

One of my friends recently sent me a link, it contained the bastardized and not even remotely as funny successor to the Rickroll, the saxroll.

Anyway, it wasn't a youtube link, but a page link to an embedded video and a script that resized the browser window and moved it around on the screen as the stupid video played.

Ofcourse I really hate these annoying annoyware scrips so I sought a methood to disable scripts abilities to resize and move my browser window.

So here's what I found:

  1. In the URL bar of Firefox 3 write: "about:config" (without the quotes dumbass)
  2. Next in the filter bar of about:blank write: "dom.disable_window_move_resize"
  3. Double click the entry that is in the large window beneath the filter bar.

Viola, no more scripts able to resize or move windows..

No comments: