Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Scite Colours, when the white is too white

I decided to write about the changes I made in SciTE to not strain my eyes as much as the white background did. So lets start off by making the whole background black shall we:

In SciTE press the options button -> Open Global Options file

The hit Ctrl + F and write this in:
style.*.32

When you locate it it looks kind of like this:
style.*.32=$(font.base)

I will list the settings I did to change it to a black background instead.
style.*.32=$(font.base),back:#000000,fore:#ffffff
caret.fore=#FFFFFF


Hit Ctrl + S and viola, you now have a black screen instead of that eye piercing white one. Make sure to poke around with the other settings found in this file aswell, just click the Help -> SciTE help drop down menu to be taken to a very good list of what most of the options here do.

Must say that I love the SciTE editor just as much as Firefox because they are both highly coustomizable.

No comments: